Individuals and Families

A mental health or substance use crisis can occur for many reasons. Sometimes it can happen for no clear reason at all. Seek help if you are concerned about yourself or a loved one.
Call your local crisis number to speak to a counselor. They can guide you. It’s available at no cost 24 hours a day.
  • North Central Washington: 800-852-2923

  • Southwest Washington: 800-626-8137

  • Pierce County Washington: 800-576-7764

Common Signs for Concern Include:

  • Talking or thinking about harming or killing oneself or others
  • Seeking guns, pills, or other ways to kill oneself
  • Talking or writing about death, dying, or killing oneself
  • Feeling hopeless
  • Feeling very angry or looking for revenge
  • Acting recklessly or doing unsafe activities
  • Feeling trapped, like there’s no way out
  • Increasing alcohol or drug use
  • Pulling away from friends and family
  • Feeling worried or irritated
  • Having trouble sleeping or sleeping all the time

More Resources

988 Resources

COVID-19 Resources

Accessing Services

Carelon Behavioral Health can help you get care for mental health and substance use issues.

Click on the region below to see a list of resources, such as behavioral health care, transportation, and housing.

Non-Crisis Services for Those Who Have a Low Income, Don’t Have Insurance, and Can’t Get Medicaid

  • Mental health testing and treatment for those who are involuntarily detained or agree to a commitment on their own
  • Residential substance use treatment for those detained involuntarily
  • Outpatient mental health or substance use treatment, in accordance with a Less Restrictive Alternative court order
  • Within available resources and when medical necessity is met, Carelon Behavioral Health may give more outpatient or residential substance use disorder and/or mental health services.
  • Services funded through substance use block grant are available to pregnant and post-partum women as a priority population. Click here to view what is covered in the block grant plan for SouthwestNorth Central, and Pierce County.
  • To ask about these services, call Carelon Behavioral Health at 855-228-6502.

Non-Crisis Services for Apple Health (Medicaid) Members

  • Molina Healthcare members: Call 800-869-7165
  • Community Health Plan of Washington members: Call 866-418-1009
  • Amerigroup members: Call 800-600-4441 (TTY 711)
  • Coordinated Care members: Call 877-644-4613
  • United Healthcare members: Call 877-542-8997

Behavioral Health Ombuds

The Ombuds service provides free and confidential help when you have a concern or complaint about your behavioral health services. It is independent of Carelon Behavioral Health. The Ombuds service can help you with the grievance and appeals system. It can also help you file and assist you during an Administrative Fair hearing.

  • Southwest Washington (Clark, Skamania, and Klickitat Counties), please contact the Ombuds David Rodriguez at 509.434.4951 or via email at
  • North Central Washington (Chelan, Douglas, Grant, and Okanogan Counties), please contact via email at; Advocate is TBD.
  • Pierce County, please contact the Ombuds Kim Olander at 253.304.7355 or via email at