Carelon Behavioral Health is strongly committed to our members, clients and providers to ensure that mental health needs are being met during this stressful time.
We recognize that many of our members and providers are being encouraged or mandated to stay at home in order to prevent community spread of coronavirus. When clinically appropriate, telehealth can be an effective way for members to begin or continue their care through a mental health provider safely from their homes via phone, tablet or computer-enabled webcam.
During this national public health emergency Carelon Behavioral Health will cover telehealth services including phone therapy, for most services. Additionally, in order to ensure access to care for our members we are waiving cost sharing for in-network and out-of-network providers.
- Provider FAQs: COVID-19
- Provider FAQs: IOP & telehealth
- Provider FAQs: PHP & telehealth
- Coronavirus general and mental health FAQs
- NCBH COVID-19 Guidance for Behavioral Health Facilities
- Carelon Behavioral Health partners with Psych Hub to develop COVID-19 resource hub
Carelon Behavioral Health, Inc. is the Behavioral Health Administrative Services Organization (BH-ASO) in three Washington regions: Southwest, North Central, and Pierce County.
Carelon Behavioral Health has developed a network of providers to deliver services to individuals under its contract with the Washington Health Care Authority.
- Click here to see answers to common provider questions.
- Washington-specific provider forms and resources can be found here.
- Materials in other languages can be found here.
- Questions about treating an individual’s mental health? UW Psychiatry Consultation Line here.
- Click here to see Health Care Authority’s FAQ on Integrated Managed Care and Interpreter Services.
Automation of Daily Crisis Files
Previous Carelon Behavioral Health Crisis File Automation Training and Office Hour Minutes
- Carelon Behavioral Health Crisis File Automation Office Hours 02-26-2021
- Carelon Behavioral Health Crisis File Automation Office Hours 2-19-2021
- Carelon Behavioral Health Crisis File Automation Office Hours 2-12-2021
- Carelon Behavioral Health Crisis File Automation Provider Training 02-02-2021
- Carelon Behavioral Health Crisis File Automation Provider Training 02-01-2021
- Carelon Behavioral Health Crisis File Automation Provider Training 01-28-2021
- Recovery Navigator Lead Standards (video presentation)
- WA Crisis File Automation Training
- Crisis Provider Guide
- Crisis Provider Mapping
- Crisis Log Template Excel
- Crisis Log Template
If you have questions regarding the Automation of Daily Crisis Files, please contact us: WACrisisSupport@carelon.com
ProviderConnect Guides and Tutorials
If you have any questions regarding credentialing and contracting, please contact Carelon Behavioral Health’s National Provider Service Line at 800-397-1630 or email Provider Relations directly at Provider.firstname.lastname@example.org.